Eating Raw(ish): Day 4 of 5

Woke up another pound down! Whoop:) I have been feeling really good on this diet today. Maybe I'm hitting a bit of a groove? I think it's important to note that meat and I have never been best friends. I was a vegetarian for a year. I generally eat fish or chicken if I do eat meat. The occasional steak or rack of ribs is a treat to me, but not a norm. So the idea of cutting meat is not a big deal. What I am missing is warmth. Maybe it's because I live in Canada and I began eating raw exactly as the cold weather hit my part of the country. I find myself just wanting something to warm me up. Obviously, raw food is not going to do that. Thus, herbal teas and coffee are still part of my diet- part habit but more out of the desire to feel warm from the inside out. My kids are having pasta tonight, with a side of salad. I, of course, am abstaining. And honestly I don't feel too bad about it this time. Here are my eats for Day 4.

 Breakfast
One banana, sliced
Two handfuls of red grapes
Sprinkle of cinnamon (this felt a bit like a treat, oddly)

Snack
One pear, sliced
1/4 pomegranate (seeds only, of course)

Lunch




Homemade Larabar (cashews and dates) with a few shavings of coconut - I didn't even try to make this into bar this time- I just piled it in a bowl and gobbled it up. I sprinkled a few leftover pomegranate seeds in there for good measure:)







Snack
Handful of walnuts

Dinner
Huge salad:) - one head green leaf lettuce, one whole avocado, a few chopped baby carrots, one baby cucumber, two stalks of celery, a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and a sprinkle of pomegranate seeds.


I had originally planned to have HALF a pomegranate in my salad HOWEVER someone thought those juicy seeds were delicious and, well, ate them all.


1 comment:


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.