To be honest, I barely blogged at the beginning of 2015. I spend a lot of my time writing for other people and sometimes it leaves me pretty uninspired when it comes to building my own blog and writing about my own life. In fact, it took a digital media course assignment (start and write on your own blog! JACKPOT!!!! #digitaledu) to send me back to this space and get me blogging again. And thank God because once I got started blogging I felt like I had so much to say and I didn't want to stop!!!
In all, I feel proud of some of the writing I have done in this space over the past year. I also feel proud that new people have reached out and added my space and my writing to their lives.
So, I simply say, thank you. Thank you if you read my posts, thank you if you comment (haha, do people still do that!?), thank you if you share my posts, thank you if you contribute. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for sticking with me in 2015 and letting me be a small part of your very big and full lives!
Without further ado, here are the top 5 posts on Sleeping is for Losers during 2015. If you haven't already, give them a read, let me know what you think, and maybe think about signing up for my email list (right hand sidebar) so that you never miss an [ultra essential and important] post again!
5) Why your kid isn't reading (and what you can do about it): School is tough when your kids are little. There is so much learning you assume is happening, but sometimes it just isn't. Sometimes your kids are just not getting the attention they need when it comes to reading. And that's where we, as parents, come in. This post gives you actionable tips on helping your child learn to read and (hopefully) foster a love of reading for life!!!
4) Should my kid play sports?: Spoiler: The answer is yes! But there are so many reasons why sports are awesome. Find out why I think you should encourage sports in this post.
3) Hey new mom!: Being a new mom is hard. Full stop. It's even harder when you don't have a community that supports and encourages you. But, new mom, you'll get there! I promise you will. It will get easier, you will feel more confident, and your child will grow to be happy. Why? Because you are amazing, new mom. And this post is for you!
2) Is blogging really worth it?: I have some of the most amazing blogger friends (who are often real life friends as well!) who agreed to give me their input about blogging. Wowza, they said it so much better than I could. Blogging is WORTH IT!!!! It is SO, SO, SO worth it. Not to be dramatic but blogging can change your life in so many ways. Do you have a blog? Dust it off. Don't have a blog? START ONE NOW! Read this post again and again to remind you why blogging is such a game changer.
1) Why is full-day kindergarten still a mess?: I wrote this one with a lot of passion and a lot of difficulty. My youngest son has suffered in kindergarten. It has been so hard. And, truthfully, it doesn't have to be. I ask the question: Why is full-day kindergarten still a mess?