Fear and Passion


Welcome my sister, Lizzy, to the blog today:) I don't know about you, but fear has held me back more times than I can count. 
Lizzy has some wise words to share with us all!
******************************************************************************

For the past few years life has been passing me by too quickly. 
Between working two jobs, buying a house, being a wife, sister, daughter and friend I can’t keep up. I feel like I’m always failing at something and succeeding at nothing. 
It occurred to me, I’m not even thirty years old and I feel so disenchanted in my life. How am I going to feel in 20 years? Am I going to look back and say, “I missed my chance to take risks and do something I love the rest of my life?” 
Life’s responsibility has stripped me of the childlike fearless way to jump right in and do what truly makes me happy.

So many people have been sharing the same sentiment lately. 
It’s sad that we live in a world full of possibilities but yet we can’t seem to find our passion and live a truly fulfilling life. 
I think it comes down to what our ideal of success is and how we can achieve it. 
Bill Cosby said, “In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.” 



I’d suggest its fear that really drives us to stop taking chances and do what seems easy. Are you unhappy in your job, relationships or life in general? 
Ask yourself, what it is that you fear the most in each area of your life that you are unhappy. Once you can identify the fear, you can conquer it. It may not be overnight, it may take years but at least you are doing something about it.   

I made the decision to follow my passion. 
What that is, I don’t know quite yet, but I know I want to find it again and follow it until I can truly say I am happy. 
Take time today to start conquering your fears. 
Find your passion and follow your heart. 
At end of your life, you want to look back and say, “I lived!” 

1 comment:

  1. Well said Elizabeth! I love the quote from Bill Cosby!
    AND may I add "with God's help"!

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.