My son, William, was having his first birthday party and I could not think of a better time to try out President's Choice Cupcake Kit (available at your local Loblaw/Superstore).
Complete with two different flavours of cake (vanilla and chocolate), this Kit makes fulfilling your cupcake desires a breeze. And was a lifesaver for my family on the eve of my son's first birthday party!
As a general rule, we make our children's birthday cakes. Thus far, it has been easy. My husband is creative and artistic and can envision and execute fantastic cakes. But when our previously laid plans for Will's birthday cake fell flat (i.e.: I was left on my own to make the cake!), the Cupcake Kit was a fantastic (and FAST!) alternative for a necessary birthday treat.
- The Kit is fully stocked with two different types of cake mix (vanilla and chocolate), icing mix, cupcake liners, and sprinkles.
- It's SIMPLE!! It took me less than 10 minutes to have the cupcake batter whipped up and ready to put in the oven. Even without a stand mixer (yes, I don't have a stand mixer. I am certain I am the last person on earth without one), making these cupcakes is a breeze.
- The Kit makes 24 cupcakes- perfect amount for a party!
- It's a fantastic and fun activity for kids! The limited amount of ingredients and mixing mean that kids can feel helpful while making these cupcakes
- Cost effective- I paid $8.99 at Superstore for my Kit
- They're tasty! HELLO!
|24 delicious individual cakes just begging for icing:)|
- My chocolate cake was a bit dry. The vanilla cake was deliciously moist and fluffy however.
- They are a little small. While not 'mini', the cake liners are not quite as large as an average sized muffin tin thereby causing a bit of spillage.
WE LOVED THEM!!!
I added some additional decorations in addition to the provided sprinkles to match our Pirate themed party (smarties to represent jewels, mini pirate ships, skulls, swords and chocolate gold doubloons)
|Ahoy! Pirate Cupcakes|
|Close up! Not bad for a decorating novice and her three year old, right?|
|Mmmmmmm. I love them. (also, photo- bombed!)|
And what did the birthday boy think?? (I think this face speaks for itself!)
Disclosure: I was provided with a gift card to purchase this cupcake kit. Despite this, all opinions are my own.