Working Out at Home (for cheap or FREE!)

A friend asked me how I've managed to spend the past year losing 30 pounds (yes, as of today, I have lost 30 pounds!) of baby weight without going to the gym.
For me, the key has been working out at home. I used to love group fitness classes, but my schedule (and wallet) no longer allows for that. AND YES, I know you have to take time for yourself, blahblahblah, but I don't even have a spare second to get my eyebrows waxed, let alone make it to the gym. If anyone understands how busy you are, it's me. I promise.
In an effort to still workout but not go broke doing it, my husband and I set up a home gym. We purchased a quality treadmill last year (GREAT SALE! and an investment that has already proved to be less expensive than two gym memberships), picked up a weight bench and all the barbells/hand weights (for free!!- we just had to pick it up) and we have the internet:)

I run *jog* about 3 times a week. The other days I use online workout videos (free!), and I'm going to share my favs with you!

Tone It Up Arms:



Brooke Burke's Butt Workout



Tone It Up Thighs



MaliBooty



Jillian Michaels Banish Fat



I generally combine a few of the shorter workouts OR, if I have the time (usually on a weekend) I do an entire Jillian Michaels workout- there are a ton of them online!

Happy working out!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! You have done such hard work and you are very inspiring! I'm at where you were a year ago and would love to be where you are now! Now I just have to dust off the old recumbent bike and give your work out for cheap a try. How long did you jog for each time on average? You are so disciplined!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ros! I started out by doing cardio for about 20-40 minutes, 5 days a week (time depended on the day). Then I lowered it to 30 minutes, 3 days a week and added in the videos above on days I don't do cardio.
      The BIG motivator to me was reading through ToneItUp.com. They have tons of info/videos on fitness and eating. My body went through such a huge change after I started following their plan!
      I also logged my food for two weeks (and I didn't lie at all!) on myfitnesspal.com. It helped me realize what I could get away with eating and what I couldn't.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE those Tone It Up girls! I do their workouts a couple times a week. They are easy, you don't need expensive equipment, and it's quick too! I don't think I am advanced enough for some of the Gillian stuff though, lol. I did one of her workouts, and no joke, I could barely walk for a week! Tough stuff!
    Great job on the weight loss, it's not easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm lucky in that it was baby weight that just took me a while to lose...it wasn't that 'sneak up' weight that I think is even harder to rid yourself of!
      I'm the most pathetic exerciser EVER! I am so glad to work out in my living room where no one can see me!

      Delete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.