Seventh Generation Diaper Donation

I have had the privilege of spending time with a fellow blogger who I really respect- her perspective on bloggers and branding has made me question where I fit in. Who do I want to align myself with and (more importantly) WHY?

It's taken a while to find where I fit, but I believe that working with brands is only important to me if a) I really believe in or utilize the product in real life and feel it will be of some use to those who read my blog OR b) the product/company is willing to give back to those in my community.

Thankfully, Seventh Generation fits into both categories for me.

A few weeks ago, I was able to give away a great prize package of Seventh Generation product (which I use in my home and really enjoy!). Now, Seventh Generation is giving me the opportunity to give back to those who live in my area- those who may not be as fortunate as I am. Currently, Seventh Generation is aiming to reach their goal of giving away up to 240,000 diapers to 40 shelters in Nova Scotia, Quebec, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia. This means a donation of up to $160,000 in diaper value to a charitable cause that rarely sees corporate assistance. As part of this program, Seventh Generation provided me with four packages of diapers to donate, as part of their Diaper Donation project, to the charity of my choice. Let me give you a bit of background as to why I chose the charity I did...

When I was in university, my closest friend got pregnant. We were in second year. She was studying to become a Pharmacist and was relying on scholarships to get her through. When she found out she was pregnant, the father of the baby left her. He actually left the province, without telling her, and she has never saw him again. Her parents were unwilling or unable to help her- she was truly alone. We were both 19 years old and she was scared as hell. In the end, it was a pregnancy distress centre that helped her reach a decision to give her baby up for adoption, helped her choose an agency and even held her hand as she chose the parents she would give her baby to. It was the hardest thing I have ever seen someone go through- and my 19 year old self was not equipped to be there for her.
After she gave her baby for adoption, my friend moved out West. I moved East a few months later. I haven't talked to her since, but I will never forget those late nights, sitting on the floor of her basement apartment, both crying over the decision that she had to make regarding her unplanned pregnancy and how it would change her forever.

It is because of my friend's experience with a pregnancy distress centre and the support, love, and real information that they were able to give her during the most difficult time in her life that I have chosen to donate diapers to The Pregnancy Help Centre of Durham.- a place that provides the love, support and information that women need when they find themselves unexpectedly pregnant with no where to turn. What I love even more is that this charity provides full support DURING and AFTER pregnancy. Please take a few moments to read about this charity and how they endeavour to support women during the most vulnerable and (often) frightening time of their lives.

Additionally, Seventh Generation is providing YOU with the opportunity to give back through their "Buy One Give One" campaign- read more about this amazing project HERE.

It's not often that I am given the opportunity to touch lives in a real and tangible way- and it was an honour to be able to partner with Seventh Generation to do just that.

Disclosure – I am participating in the Seventh Generation program by Mom Central Canada. I received compensation as a thank you for my participation. The opinions on this blog are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.