Bootcamp Kicked Butt- Week 2

OK, last week I told you all about my first week at Bootcamp (here).  I was really looking forward to this week because, while working out once a week is definietly not enough to get back my pre-baby body, it's a start and it makes me feel awesome.

Camille, my bootcamp instructor, did not disappoint at all!! This was the coolest, best, hardest workout I have done in a long time.  She calls it SHAM-OW...the name fits.  Oh man, does the name fit.
Essentially, we did all our bootcamp moves (squats, lunges, pushups, planks, etc...) putting clothes (similar to swiffers) under our hands and/or feet. 
It actually seemed pretty easy and fun.  Well, it was fun...but definetly not easy.  Especially for this girl- one who is incredibly uncoordinated and trips over her own feet.   I'm awesome like that.

The class was an hour and I could feel my muscles burning about half way through.  That's my favourite thing- when you can feel those hamstrings burning before the class is even done- it's my measuring stick for a good workout.  My hamstrings and glutes were SCREAMING!  I've never had such a good burn not using weights.  The shams under our feet really kicked up the intensity- I'm still feeling it today (and LOVING IT!).

We had some killer music to accompany the workout- not my usual stuff, mostly techno remixes of Kanye and Fergie, but it made the workout slip by quickly.  There were a few times that I found myself singing to myself, just to keep my mind occupied, hoping to forget the awesome pain I was feeling.  I don't know about you, but I find that good music makes all the difference in my motivation.

I said it last week, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE my bootcamp class.  I honestly leave exhausted but so energized.  I just want to eat salad and drink water and go for a run (boo on the rain today- it'll keep us from going on our walk today).

If I can give you any advice, it would be to take the plunge and go workout.  I feel like it really makes me feel like a better mother/wife/person. 

2 comments:

  1. A coworker lost a LOT of weight doing the bootcamp workout and she loves it too. She makes me laugh when she gets all excited (after working 8 hours!!) that she is going to bootcamp. She shaved her head and the whole nine yards...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA- luckily it's not quite that hardcore. Kicks my butt, but no yelling or headshaving...yet:)

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.