It's been a while since I've confessed and I sure have a lot to get off my chest..
- Every morning my kids have a delicious, healthy bowl of steel cut oats for breakfast. With SPRINKLES. They each get a palm full of sprinkles (rainbow, of course) to sprinkle all over their healthy oats. In fact, many a morning my wee William can be seen trotting around the house chanting "Spinnnnkles, Spinnnnnkles" in anticipation of his morning treat. (self-righteous mom I am, I rarely tell people about the sprinkles but I sure mention how much my kids love oatmeal)
- Every time someone who is not a Celiac tells me that they're going gluten-free I roll my eyes.
- William naps at about 12:30 every afternoon. At that exact time, I put on the TV for Zachary and head upstairs to my office. I don't come out again until Will wakes up. Listen, I'm a work at home mom, you take work hours when you can get them...even if it means that Treehouse is raising your kid for a few hours.
- Every time someone makes a comment on Zach's red hair I cringe. I hate it. YES, he has red hair. YES, it's rare. YES, let's talk about it some more. ugh.
- My kids have eaten macaroni and cheese or chicken nuggets for dinner every night this week. I don't even feel guilty because I totally heated up some frozen veggies on the side.
- I really, really, really want a golden retriever. So badly that I threatened my husband, who refuses to have a dog, that it was either another baby or a dog (he's standing firm at neither). In desperation, I have also tried to convince my mom and my sister to get a golden retriever. I'm going to start working on my aunt next.
- On Wednesday, my husband's birthday, we sent the kids to daycare ALL DAY and proceeded to go out for a lavish Mexican lunch and a shopping/Starbucks trip to the newly-open TARGET! I also worked, but those few hours just hanging out sans kids were so fun. I can't wait for the next time we can send the kids off for the day and just hang out.