1.5 cups Whole Wheat Flour (or all-purpose flour, or a combo of both)
1 cup Fibre Cereal (do not use flakes)
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 cup Blueberries (if frozen, let them thaw first)
2 or 3 Mashed, ripe bananas
1/4 cup Oil (I use extra virgin olive oil)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees; line your muffin tin or grease each cup.
- Mix together all dry ingredients (flour, cereal, sugar, baking soda); fold in blueberries
- In a separate bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, oil and eggs.
- Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients. Stir gently until mixed well. Do not over mix.
- Spoon the mixture into a muffin tray (I prefer mini muffin trays)
- Bake for 15 minutes (mini muffins) or 22 minutes (regular muffins), or until the tops are slightly golden. (REMEMBER: your oven may be different from mine! Keep on eye on these bad boys while they're in the oven)
- Remove from muffin tin and allow to cool on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes.
Tip: If you are using fresh blueberries, stick them in the freezer for about 10 or 15 minutes before adding them into the mixture.