No Sleep Nights!

I am writing much earlier then I usually do- because my baby boy kept me up pretty much the whole night.

He started fussing in his sleep at about 8:30pm. He'd been asleep for about an hour. He had eaten a lot during the day (including two baby cubes of homemade sweet potato and 3 tablespoons of oat cereal) and went to sleep pretty easily. I thought he would be tired out from all of the festivities of the Thanksgiving weekend and would sleep like a dream...boy was I wrong.

Starting from 8:30pm, Zach was up every single hour. He didn't miss one! He wasn't awake, but he was crying in his sleep. I went down the list of possibilities:

1) Hungry?? Nope! I tried to feed him, he didn't eat.
2) Wet/Poopy Diaper?? Nope! I did change his diaper- made no difference.
3) Gas? No burps, no toots...no gas!
4) Hurt in some way? Couldn't find ANYTHING that may have been hurting him or bothering him.

The only thing I am left with is that he is teething...but this is the second night in a row that he has been up (although the night before wasn't nearly as bad). I don't know how much more I can do on so little sleep.

When he "woke up" for the day at 7am (like always) I begrudgingly shuffled to his room. I was annoyed and wished I could have just one extra hour of sleep. Then he saw me...and he started kicking and smiling and laughing...how could I be mad at a face like that, huh?? I'll take no sleep just to see my baby boy smiling his gummy at me from his crib. It melts my heart every time.

Although I have a feeling that coffee will be my friend today- my very best friend:)

5 comments:

  1. Hope you get some rest - either today or tonight! And you're right...there is no way to stay upset with such a cute face like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you- I sure hope so too- it's almost 9pm and I've only had to go into the room once...here's hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colton did the same thing at about the same age!!! Its teeth!
    Sleep well... it sucks I know :) I promise you'll make it through! When you see those little teeth poke through, it'll be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a cutie pie! How old is he? I hope you get some sleep. This is Tee following from the MBC! Stop by and visit me sometime over at
    the GrabBag! follow and comment please! thanks!

    http://thegrabbag-tanya.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tee- he's 5 1/2 months old.
    Kelly- I am PRAYING that these teeth. Every night (3 nights now) I tell him he better have something sharp for me when he wakes up...it hasn't happened yet, though!

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.